Wednesday, October 05, 2005

If I write all about last night, it will be just like these:

http://spacegirlnz.blogspot.com/2005/10/time-to-party.html
http://jaggylioness.blogspot.com/2005/10/yay-tonight-me-emma-and-eileen-went-to.html

So just read those and pretend it's me because it's the same, innit.

I will just point out again how I made Madame Speaker laugh like that though, teehee. I held Marian's camera phone up and said "say 'Rodney Hide is a horrible little man!'" Some times I just crack myself up. And Magaret Wilson too.

Anyway, I'm over that now... I have an exciting story.

Today I sold 2 $50 vodaphone phonecards. The guy paid for them with Coastlands vouchers. Stolen Coastlands vouchers. At the time he seemed a bit weird. We *all* just assumed it was the normal "I'm a boy, books frighten me" thing. I rolled my eyes and said "phonecards?"

He said "well what else would I spend it on here?"

I replied by *looking* at him and saying "books?"

Then (and this really pisses me off) he paused to joke. "Oh, I can't read." It wasn't funny, so I didn't laugh.

It all felt a bit odd, so I turned to one of the fulltime ladies to check that we do sell phonecards on Coastlands vouchers. We do, I thought so.

The guy left and I had a discussion with another fulltime chick about what we would spend $100 of Coastlands vouchers on. It must have seemed weird to her aswell. We decided that we would have gone for clothes and makeup, rather than phonecards. We have to buy them anyway. They are boring.

About half an hour later one of the security gaurds ran in to ask if anyone had exchanged any vouchers. I showed them to him, the numbers matched the ones stolen. I described the guy and then the fulltime chick came over and gave him the guys name. Who would use stolen vouchers in front of the mother of one of your old school friends? Then the security guy ran onto the next shop.

Then we saw another security gaurd grab a girl outside our shop. She was carrying heaps of Farmers bags (she had obviously gone for the clothes and makeup, like we would have.) She had foils in her hair, she must have spent some of the vouchers getting her hair done. How stupid is that? Steal hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, then sit around waiting to get caught. The worst part was that she had her small child with her.

What was your first memory? "Mummy getting hauled off my the police for shoplifting."

Great start in life for that kid.

I put some little signs over the keyboards with the serial numbers of the vouchers. They had 50 $5, 50 $10, 50 $20 and 50 $50. $4250.

When I was putting up the signs I asked the others if they would have accepted them and they all said they would have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home