Saturday, October 28, 2006

*edit* Before you read this, I just realise that it doesn't make much sense if you don't know that Amanda Tapping plays a character called Sam Carter on Stargate: SG-1. Hell, it probably still doesn't make much sense. Please continue.



I got injured. It was all Amanda Tapping's fault.

See, I work at a bookstore on saturdays. This morning, as I was heading back out into the shop (but still out of view of customers, thank God...) I spotted a large pile of books that had been left for someone to process and put onto the computer system on monday.

Specifically, I noticed this book halfway down the pile. If I'm getting specific I should mention that I only caught a glimpse of Samantha Carter, with "ate" over her head, out of the corner of my eye from about 8 feet away.

I went to have a closer look, only, I was walking in the other direction. I ended up tripping over my own foot as I tried to twist and sprawling spreadeagled across the carpet toward the pile.

The conversation when I went back out the the shop:

Supervisor: What was that noise?
Me: Nothing...
S: Did something get knocked over?
Me: ... not exactly... (Sam fans know what expression was on my face when I quote that, right?)
S: ok...

Workmate: OMG, what happened to your arm?
Me: uh, nothing.
S: It wasn't like that this morning...
Me: Carpet burn. It's carpet burn.
S&W: ...
Me: ...

S: You fell over, didn't you?
Me (defeated): yes. *And you will never find out why*

See, I avoid talking about anything with "star" in the title when I'm at work.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I spent my lunch break kneeling next to the pile (because I only planned to look at it for a second) and I will buy the book on Monday, when it's on the computer.

So that is why it's Amanda's fault that my knees hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home